Every day, CAP is going above and beyond to raise awareness of poverty in the UK and the funds needed to show it who’s boss. As a volunteer, I play my part by helping to keep our blog stocked up, but there’s lots going on elsewhere in the world of CAP where volunteers are much needed. A big chunk of awareness and fundraising comes from heading out to events and festivals and spreading the word face-to-face – and this is where volunteers are crucial. This year, CAP will be showing up to events all over the country, so why not join us at one for a fun and simple way to give your time and help out a great cause?
CAP is particularly in need of people to help out at this year’s Big Church Day Out. The annual festival brings together tens of thousands of Christians to enjoy worship and music in a fun, family-friendly festival environment, and this year the CAP café will be running at both the South (26 to 29 May) and new North (1 to 4 June) events. We need volunteers to help us serve and chat, keeping our customers nourished, caffeinated, hydrated, happy and informed!
When you volunteer, you’ll be working six to eight hours a day in two to three hour shifts. All your meals will be provided and we’ll help you out with transport too. The exciting news is you’ll be given a free event pass and a camping pass to the festival, leaving you free to roam around and have fun between your shifts.
By helping out at the CAP café you’ll be able to connect with lots and lots of people, playing a vital part in spreading the word about CAP to potential clients, partner churches and supporters. Don’t worry if it feels like you need a lot of experience – before you start you’ll be given plenty of training in how to run the café as well as an info pack about the work of CAP, so you’ll be ready and raring to go before you know it!
If you’re interested in volunteering at the Big Church Day Out CAP café, just fill out the form here. Below is a list of our upcoming events, many of which we may need volunteers for too, so watch this space for more info!
2017 events and festivals
- 9 to 11 February – iKids AOG conference (Coventry)
- 27 February to 4 March – Keswick in Devon (Sidmouth) – CAP’s Founder and International Director, John Kirkby, will be running a seminar and speaking on the main stage during one of the morning sessions
- 11 to 14 April – Spring Harvest (Skegness)
- 2 to 4 May – Assemblies of God Stronger Together (Bradford) – John Kirkby will be sharing his story and inviting guests on a tour of CAP's headquarters, followed by a free curry!
- 9 to 11 May - Elim Leaders’ Summit (Harrogate)
- 26 to 29 May - Cliff College (Sheffield)
- 27 to 28 May - Big Church Day Out South (West Sussex)
- 2 to 3 June – Big Church Day Out North (Cheshire)
- 21 July - Festival of Life (Wales – specific venue TBC)
- (Date TBC) – RCCG Ordained Ministers’ Conference (venue TBC)
- 22 to 28 July – New Wine week 1 (Somerset)
- 30 July to 5 August – New Wine week 2 (Somerset)
- 2 to 4 August – Hillsong (London)
- 25 to 29 August – ONE event (Lincoln)
- October (date TBC) – Festival of Life (London)
- 17 to 18 November – Christ for all Nations (London) – John Kirkby will be doing a ten-minute talk on the main stage