- Anxiety UK provides support for people with an anxiety condition.
03444 775 774 (Mon to Fri, 9:30am to 5:30pm)
- Bipolar UK helps people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder.
- CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably, for men aged 15 to 35.
0800 58 58 58 (Daily, 5pm to midnight)
- Men's Health Forum provides 24/7 stress support for men by text, chat and email.
- Mental Health Foundation provides information and support for anyone with mental health problems or learning disabilities.
- Mind offers support with all kinds of mental health issues.
0300 123 3393 (Mon to Fri, 9am to 6pm)
- No Panic provides support for sufferers of panic attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
0844 390 6232 (Mon to Fri, 9:30am to 5pm)
- OCD UK is run by people with OCD for people with OCD.
0845 120 3778 (Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm)
- PAPYRUS works to prevent suicides in young people.
0800 068 4141 (Mon to Fri, 10am to 5pm, 7pm to 10pm. Weekends, 2pm to 5pm)
- Rethink Mental Illness provides support and advice for people living with mental illness.
0300 5000 927 (Mon to Fri, 9:30am to 4pm)
- Samaritans provides confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
116 123 (Free 24-hour helpline)
- SANE provides emotional support and information for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers.
0300 304 7000 (Daily, 4:30pm to 10:30pm)
sane.org.uk/support sane.org.uk/textcare sane.org.uk/supportforum
- YoungMinds provides information on child and adolescent mental health and services for parents and professionals.
0808 802 5544 (Mon to Fri, 9:30am to 4pm)
Support for young people
Support for older people
- The Silver Line offers information, friendship and advice for over 55s.
0800 470 80 90
- Age UK offers an advice line for elderly people.
0800 678 1602
0800 12 44 222 (Scotland)
- Independent Age also offers an advice line for elderly people.
0800 319 6789
- Re-engage (formerly Contact the Elderly) provides support for older people facing loneliness and isolation.
Grief and loss
- Care For The Family provides bereavement support for parents, siblings and partners.
029 2081 0800
- WAY Widowed and Young provides support for people under 50 facing the loss of their spouse.
029 2081 0800
- Cruse Bereavement Care offers support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies.
0844 477 9400
0845 600 2227 (Scotland)
- The Child Bereavement Charity provides support for families facing the loss of a child, and for children who are grieving.
- The Compassionate Friends UK is a peer support group for bereaved families.
0845 123 2304
0288 778 8016 (Northern Ireland)
- SAMM provides support for families bereaved by murder and manslaughter.
0845 872 3440
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide exists to meet the needs and overcome the isolation experienced by people over 18 who have been bereaved by suicide.
0845 872 3440
Other national support services
- NSPCC is dedicated to ending child abuse and child cruelty.
0800 1111 for children (24-hour helpline)
0808 800 5000 for adults concerned about a child (24-hour helpline)
- Refuge provides advice for people facing domestic violence.
0808 2000 247 (24-hour helpline)
- Alcoholics Anonymous offers support for people facing an alcohol dependency.
0845 769 7555 (24-hour helpline)
- Gamblers Anonymous offers support for people facing a gambling dependency.
0330 094 0322
- Narcotics Anonymous offers support for people facing a drug dependency.
0300 999 1212 (Daily, 10am to midnight)
- Alzheimer’s Society provides information on dementia, including factsheets and helplines.
0300 222 1122 (Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm. Weekends, 10am to 4pm)
- Rape Crisis offers information, help and support after rape, sexual assault or sexual abuse.
0808 802 9999 (Daily, midday to 2:30pm, 7pm to 9:30pm)
- Victim Support helps victims of abuse, fraud, and other injustices.
0808 168 9111 (24-hour helpline)
- Beat provides support for people facing eating disorders.
0808 801 0677 (adults)
0808 801 0711 (for under 18s)
- Mencap supports people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
0808 808 1111 (Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm)
- Family Lives offers advice on all aspects of parenting, including dealing with bullying.
0808 800 2222 (Mon to Fri, 9am to 9pm. Weekends, 10am to 3pm)
- Relate is the UK’s largest provider of relationship support.
- Kintsugi Hope is a UK Christian charity working alongside local churches to run mental health wellbeing support groups (services are available to everyone, regardless of faith).
- Mind and Soul Foundation is a Christian charity providing advice and support for mental and spiritual health and wellbeing (services are available to everyone, regardless of faith).
- GamCare is the website of the National Gambling Helpline, offering confidential support and advice for anyone affected by gambling problems in England, Scotland and Wales.
0808 8020 133
- Financial Conduct Authority is offering several new measures, introduced to help those facing short-term cash flow problems because of coronavirus