CAP Release Groups
Britain has a serious problem with dependency and it's getting worse. 2.6m children live with parents who drink hazardously and we have the biggest drug problem in Europe.
A CAP Release Group empowers your church to help people break free from life controlling habits like drinking, smoking, gambling or internet addictions. The release groups provide a place of trust and security, where people are offered emotional and practical support.
- The materials for you to run the Release Course. This consists of eight sessions, working through topics such as 'admitting you have a problem', 'the truth setting you free', 'forgiveness' and 'walking into freedom'.
- Full training for your managers, coaches and befrienders, as well as ongoing support from our head office team.
- A fantastic link into your local community, giving you the opportunity to share your faith with others.
- A CAP speaker to give a talk at a Sunday service to inspire your church about your new ministry. As well as inspiring your church congregation about the CAP Release Group, the CAP speaker will also talk about the wider work of CAP, giving your church congregation the opportunity to provide prayer and financial support.
What your church needs to do
In order to run a CAP Release Group, you will need the following:
- To recruit a CAP Release Group Manager who can work/volunteer for six to eight hours a week (hours may be spread across the week and spilt between volunteers).
- To recruit a couple of volunteers to assist the CAP Release Group Manager to run the group.
- Regular use of a room and computer, with access to the internet and a printer.
- To provide refreshments for members.
- A CAP speaker to give a talk at a Sunday service, which will include a regular giving ask.
We ask for a monthly partnership contribution of £60 paid via Direct Debit.Request an information pack