CAP Release Groups
Britain has a serious problem with dependency and it's getting worse. 2.6m children live with parents who drink hazardously and we have the biggest drug problem in Europe.
A CAP Release Group empowers your church to help people break free from life controlling habits like drinking, smoking, gambling or internet addictions. The release groups provide a place of trust and security, where people are offered emotional and practical support.
- The materials for you to run the Release Course. This consists of eight sessions, working through topics such as 'admitting you have a problem', 'the truth setting you free', 'forgiveness' and 'walking into freedom'.
- Full training for your managers, coaches and befrienders, as well as ongoing support from our head office team.
- A fantastic link into your local community, giving you the opportunity to share your faith with others.
- A CAP speaker to give a talk at a Sunday service to inspire your church about your new ministry. As well as inspiring your church congregation about the CAP Release Group, the CAP speaker will also talk about the wider work of CAP, giving your church congregation the opportunity to provide prayer and financial support.
What your church needs to do
In order to run a CAP Release Group, you will need the following:
- A CAP Release Group Manager to work eight hours per week when the course is running, and ideally run the course three times throughout the year.
- Regular use of a room to host the group.
- Volunteers to assist the CAP Release Group Manager in the running of the group.
- Use of at least one computer, with access to the internet and a printer.
- Provision of refreshments for group members.
- A launch talk at a Sunday service.
We ask each church to pay a minimum monthly contribution of just £60 per month. This contribution gives your church access to all the training and resources you need to run a CAP Release Group and change lives in your local community. Request an information pack