Is CAP just for Christians?
No. CAP will help anyone regardless of their religious beliefs. We monitor our services to ensure that everybody receives the same caring service regardless of race, nationality, religion, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Does it cost anything?
No. Our service is completely free. We are able to provide a totally free service because CAP is a charity and receives donations from churches and individuals who want to help people.
Will my creditors cooperate with you?
Yes. We have worked with over 1,000 companies within the finance industry and we are well respected. This means that councils, utilities and mortgage companies work with us because they have seen the results of our involvement. They know we offer fair repayments based on what you can afford.
I am self employed, can you help me?
CAP may not be the best organisation to help you. This is due to the following reasons:
- Self employed income is often erratic.
- Running a business often means you need to have continued access to credit.
- There is a likelihood that your debt problems are connected to business problems.
These reasons make it very difficult to run a CAP Plan in a sustainable way. However, we are able to suggest agencies that can help you tackle the business problems in conjunction with your debt. We would recommend you ring either of the following:
- Business Debt Line who offer confidential, independent, free advice on debt and cash flow problems for people who are self employed on 0800 197 6026.
- PayPlan, who offer free confidential advice including self employed IVAs. Ring 0800 280 2816 to find out more.
You may also be interested in a CAP Money Course or our Self Help options.