CAP Life Skills
CAP Life Skills is a friendly group that gives people the confidence and decision making skills they need to survive life on a low income. We teach people practical money saving techniques, such as cooking on a budget, living healthily on less, and making your money go further.
We provide all the training and ongoing support for you to equip those struggling on low incomes to budget and manage life’s pressures. This includes materials to run our eight week course, and also includes ongoing support for your coaches from a dedicated team at CAP’s head office.
To create CAP Life Skills, we took the principles of our CAP Money Course which 11,000 people benefit from each year and made it more in depth and wider ranging so your church can truly serve the poor and save the lost.
What your church needs to do
- To recruit a CAP Life Skills Manager who can work/volunteer for six to eight hours a week (hours may be spread across the week and spilt between volunteers).
- To recruit a couple of volunteers to assist the CAP Life Skills Manager to run the group.
- To have regular access to a room and kitchen (preferable), a computer, the internet and a printer.
- To provide refreshments for members.
- A CAP speaker to give a talk at a Sunday service, which will include a regular giving ask.
We ask for a monthly partnership contribution of £60 paid via Direct Debit.Request an information pack
A group that helps members discover the life skills you need to survive on a low income.
Contact the team
Sign up for our weekly emails