Christians Against Poverty aims to provide an acceptable service to all our users. If we fail to do this we want to know about it. This will enable us not only to deal with the specific problem, but also to avoid it happening again.
This page explains how our complaints procedure will take up any matters where you think the service you have received from Christians Against Poverty is unsatisfactory. You can also download this information using the link at the bottom of the page.
If you would rather talk to someone about the complaints procedure please ask your CAP group service manager or speak to the Church Network team on 01274 761906.
This procedure is meant to provide a means to resolve a dispute between Christians Against Poverty and any complainant. As an organisation we would like to hear from you about any of the following:
- Dissatisfaction with our service, such as inadequate work, unacceptable delay or failure to deliver a service etc.
- A dispute between you and a member of staff at Christians Against Poverty regarding policy, procedures or activities.
- Discourtesy or unhelpfulness on the part of Christians Against Poverty representatives or members of staff.
What should you do if you wish to make a complaint?
Should you feel you have cause for complaint, we would ask you to register this complaint in one of the following ways:
- By completing a complaints form and emailing it directly to our team at head office, at [email protected], or sending it to us in the post.
- By registering a verbal complaint either with your CAP group service manager, another trusted member of your group service team or member of staff at Christians Against Poverty.
Once you have registered your complaint, we will deal with it as follows:
Stage one — Your complaint will be acknowledged within five working days of the complaint being received by the Area Manager with responsibility for dealing with complaints.
Stage two — You will be invited to discuss the complaint with the Area Manager with responsibility for handling complaints. We will aim to discuss your complaint with you within five working days of the complaint being acknowledged. The Area Manager will investigate the complaint and aim to respond to you in writing within ten working days of the complaint being discussed. We will inform you if further time for the investigation is required. The Area Manager decision will be final.
Review — In addition to any action that we might take to resolve your particular complaint, we will also compile a report of all serious complaints received and review this at a senior level within the Charity on a regular basis. This will help us to conduct an analysis of any root causes for complaints that we need to address at a strategic level and flag any serious complaints to our Charity Trustees.